Not a Referee Yet?
Are you interested in becoming a certified USSF soccer referee? If so, you are required to attend an entry level soccer referee clinic and pass the appropriate test. Soccer referee clinics for new referees are scheduled periodically throughout the year and taught by the Idaho Soccer Referee Committee (ISRC) using certified USSF instructors. Information about clinics is available on the ISRC website at https://idahosoccerrefs.org/become-a-referee/. Information for new referee clinics is updated frequently on the ISRC site. You may also leave your contact information if you would like to be informed when new clinics are available in your area.
New referees who have recently completed their USSF certification clinic should complete the following steps:
- Download the New Referee Information & Checklist and complete each of the steps outlined.
- Don’t forget to complete the New Referee Registration form.
- Review the videos on this website found on the Videos page.
- Read the articles on this website found on the News page.
- Review the Knowledge Base on this website before sending questions to the assignor.
If you are a parent of a new referee, please watch this video provided by USSF.
Certified Referee Relocating to the Boise Area?
If you are a certified USSF referee that has recently relocated to the Boise, ID area and would like to receive referee assignments from me, please do the following:
- Download the New Referee Information & Checklist.
- Complete Referee Registration form.
- Please also send me the name and email address of your principle assignor from your previous residence.
- Finally, if you are 18 or over, let me know if you have had a criminal background check completed by a soccer organization within the last 2 years.