Not a Referee Yet?
Are you interested in becoming a certified USSF soccer referee? If so, you are required to attend an entry level soccer referee clinic and pass the appropriate test. Soccer referee clinics for new referees are scheduled periodically throughout the year and taught by the Idaho Soccer Referee Committee (ISRC) using certified USSF instructors. Information about clinics is available on the ISRC website at www.idahosoccerrefs.org/clinics/. Information for new referee clinics is updated frequently on the ISRC site. You may also leave your contact information if you would like to be informed when new clinics are available in your area.
New referees who have recently completed their USSF certification clinic should do the following:
- Download the New Referee Checklist and complete each of the steps outlined.
- Download the Knowledge Base document so you know what is expected of you.
- Review the videos on this website found on the Videos page.
- Read the articles on this website found on the News page.
- Review the Knowledge Base on this website before sending questions to the assignor.
If you are a parent of a new referee, please watch this video provided by USSF.
Certified Referee Relocating to the Boise Area?
If you are a certified USSF referee that has recently relocated to the Boise, ID area and would like to receive referee assignments from me, please do the following:
- Download the New Referee Checklist and send me the information requested in the first step.
- Please also send me the name and email address of your principle assignor at your previous location.
- Finally, if you are 18 or over, let me know if you have had a criminal background check completed by a soccer organization within the last 2 years.